Thursday, March 5, 2009

Walk Straight

World changers walk in straight lines. I believe one of the reasons the church is without power in so many places and circumstances is because its people and leaders wink at inconsistencies in their own lives.

I've been spending a lot of time thinking about righteousness and right living in my own life. Yes, my life might be "holier" than average, but that isn't the issue. I must walk straight in every area of my life, I must choose the right with every decision, and I must live my life as an open book.

I am glad for the grace and forgiveness of God... but that isn't the point either. God forgives, but he calls us to walk straight. Too often we transgress thinking that God will cover up for us. Ephesians 5:15 (KJV) says, "See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise...".

What is done in secret will, sooner or later, be exposed for all to see. We must walk in humility or be humiliated. If we will see God be God in this generation we must be clean vessels for the habitation of the Holy Spirit. No part dark!

No comments: