Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

It's interesting how God plants seeds in our lives that grow up into the fulfillment of his will. The things we love, are passionate about, attract us, and the skills and gifts invested into our lives are all clues as to the direction we are to take in life as we follow God's plan.

When I was a little boy I was absolutely fascinated by girls with long hair, especially if it was blond. It was always the thing I noticed first. Why, I have absolutely no idea ... well, I might have an idea...

One day a girl walked into my life with thick blond hair all the way down her back. I was so taken by her that I did not need to process any further (which those who know me know that says a lot). I've never really thought about it before, but I suspect God put an attraction in this little boy for girls with long blond hair so that I would be drawn to the one with whom he wanted me to spend my life. Sounds a little far fetched, but God does order our lives and our steps in a lot of ways. Maybe this was just one of his ways of getting his will done. The contents of her spirit and soul closed the deal and were far more important than anything that initiated the interest.

It has been a few decades since that little girl grew up and got so tired of caring for all that hair that she cut most of it off, but by that time it no longer mattered. No doubt these days that blond hair needs a wee help staying blond, but that doesn't matter either.

Thank you, Lord, for making us the way you make us, and putting in us what you put in us to help us find the path that brings joy to our lives. I know sometimes things don't turn out the way we'd hoped... but for me... it is good!

No comments: