Friday, December 28, 2007

Southeastern University @ the Movies

Don't get me wrong ...I think its great! ... But... We went to see National Treasure 2 @ the movies the other night while visiting family in Lakeland, Florida. Years ago I attended what was then called Southeastern College in Lakeland. You see, going to a movie theater to see a movie when I was a student was forbidden.

I thought it was amusing when an advertisement for the University popped up in the pre-movie advertisements... I suppose that its permissible now. Its interesting how rules change over time. It made me smile. If President Homer could see us now.

Makes me think that before we complete our lists of "right and wrong" and "do's and don'ts" we should think twice. I understood the rule and had no problem abiding by it or any other rule that I willingly agreed to at SEC but as I grow older and maybe a little wiser I recognize the need to have good reasons for the rules we establish.

Actually I am extremely selective in my entertainment choices. I believe it is important to honor God in everything we do. It is also important to distinguish between "sin" and "house rules "-- very often there is a definite difference.

No comments: