Monday, December 10, 2007

What is God Doing?

As a missional leader I am challenged to lead and live according to the activity of God around me. I must discern what God is doing and seek to be a part of that rather than rely entirely on the 'dry erase board' and strategic planning sessions.

I am a strategically focused leader, I know that and I embrace that, but it is more important for me to allow God's plan to rise up in me through what God is doing in me, what I observe Him doing in people around me, and what He is doing in the world.

I was further challenged in this today when I read Matthew 6:33 in the Message...

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."

I need to focus entirely on what God is doing right now because following that activity is going to lead me to what God wants to do tomorrow.

No comments: