Thursday, January 15, 2009

If you look you'll find it

Have you ever “lost” something that really wasn’t lost, but through inattention you just lost track of where it was? Reminds me of my garage, a few years ago I packed everything in containers so I could finish the walls of my garage and I never reorganized. I’ll sometimes look for 30 minutes for something I know I have, I’ve just lost track of where it is.

Sometimes, in all of my activity, I lose my sense of intimacy with the Father. I have seasons when I began to realize my heart has grown lukewarm and other pursuits have diminished my most important pursuits. Right now, my heart is searching for a deep reconnect with the Father.

In the Song of Solomon, the beloved (me) looked for her king/lover (God) but could not find him. The intensity of her love for him compelled her to get up from the comfort and safety of her bed at a most inconvenient hour. She went into the streets and the squares of the city searching for her lover, but could not find him (Song 3:1-2). Finally, the beloved found her lover. She said, “I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go…” (Song 3:4, NIV).

How hard I try (search) is in direct proportion to the intensity of my love or desire. Those who seek will find. God is never lost to me, but sometimes I “misplace” him in the necessary clutter of my life. The measure of my desire for intimacy with the Father will determine to what lengths I am willing to go to obtain that which already belongs to me.

(blog post: http://aGoodDeposit.com)

No comments: